Sunday, December 18, 2011

Retired Responsibilities to Rewire What We Find Around Us

I took time to respond to my dear cousin Deb this morning.  She sent me a picture of Arlington Cemetery dotted with gorgeous Christmas Wreaths all donated by a very generous gentleman from the Worcester Wreathe Company of Maine, with no mention by news stations in the New York area.  She asked why the news neglects good news like this piece.  


Tim and I have been asking variations on this "news reports" topics for several weeks now, so I shared our noticing with Deb. I wrote
" ... since with Tim who "studies" the news reports of national and world events, I've noticed that most station news reports reveal symptoms of "attention deficit disorder," 
  1. perseverating re sensational pieces (e.g. the battered and bruised Herman Kane and his wife Gloria) whether reports are true or not (and drumming it relentlessly into viewers consciousness until people begin to believe what they see and hear repeatedly)
  2. suddenly dropping updates on news that every one's been following religiously (Baby Lisa from Kansas City)
  3. blindly ignoring news/updates re issues pivotal to our collective well being (government overspending, Obama's misuse of our money harnessed from taxes which he gave to "green" campaign supporters knowing these ventures were going belly up (and had insured provisions in advance to protect and pay off the company holders)
  4. and speaking of "holders," how do most news stations fail to piece together Eric Holder's series of actions taken against states who try to uphold law-breaking illegal immigrants crossing our borders from Mexico (again costing those of us who have worked hard to provide tax money that supports entire generations of  illegal aliens)
  5. Hmmmm, I think I will blog this on my "Respectfully Rewired" site ... and add to it as I notice more examples
  6. Bottom line: we who have the time to pay attention to what goes on around us need to use the power of our words and vision to lift peoples' expectation of news reporters to a higher level of thought and operation.  They need a mass spiritual treatment program for whenever they display symptoms of sociological ADD!
  7. Will you and your Tillson Ladies of The Morning Prayer Circle join me in my high watch to raise the consciousness and integrity levels of our nation's political leaders (including those from all three branches), news stations and news reporters, the working and non-working general public who listen to the ADD-laden reports without requiring better than "that?" 
  8. Knowing you will ... and claiming the power inherent (but too often left unactivated) in our thoughts, words, and actions ...I am glad we have this work to do at this stage of our lives."
And I put this noticing out on the global kitchen table ...what are we willing to notice and nurture into greater integrity in the world within us and around us????

No comments:

Post a Comment