Monday, May 30, 2011

Oleander – Small Flowering Shrub OF DOOM!

Oleander – Small Flowering Shrub OF DOOM!
My grand-daughter is about to be born, so I flew west to be support to the sweet family and be there for my toddler grandson. Durng my second week I read the book -riveting, by Janet Fitch. Then I watched the film with Michelle Pheiffer (also riveting) then I went through the neighborhood looking for white oleander -and found it sprawling out onto the sidewalk in Westwood! I figured since the story was written about a suburb within an hour or so from where I am visiting, there was a good chance I might find the beautiful but deadly blooms among all the flowering shrubs pervading this fragrant land bordering Sunset Blvd.

Since I have a grandson who loves to sniff flowers and herbs, it's essential to know what's safe and what's not. And he lives in a very flowerful neighborhood. So if you live in California, check out this article with photos of the lovely oleander.

No comments:

Post a Comment